When people are on the search for love, some of us believe in destiny while others do not. We all want to believe that the love of our life is out there. That every person has that one person out there for them, it’s just a matter of finding them.
Of course, as we go through heartbreak, and constantly being discouraged by relationships, the belief that there is someone out there for everyone slips away. There are exceptions, but when you look at yourself and your friends, you start realizing that it’s just a dream.
But hey, here are a few stories that are about to give you some hope. Here are true stories of people who just happened to be at the right place, at the right time. These stories just go to show that one moment can change your entire life in a “happy ending” way. Check these out, they truly are remarkable.
1. You know those random people that pop up in the background of a family vacation pic? Well, for this person, it wasn’t random. “My cousin was in his future wife’s family picture (on the left) 7 years before they met,” a Reddit user named Pcsbor shared. If that isn’t destiny, I don’t know what is!
2. “In preschool, we always used to be together, but we lost touch in the future. 20 years later, we met at our friend’s place, and now we date again” (Thewaywemet). I’ve heard of stories of people who went to kindergarten together, lost touch, and 20 years later are married. Guess it happens more often than we thought!
3. Imagine taking the same photo, at the same age, in the same place as your partner. Oh, and then ending up together many, many years later. “My wife and I about age 10 took the same vacation pic. We didn’t meet until we were 30.” (okcumputer).
4. Sometimes a couple only realizes they met each other before, after they already got married. Meet Aimee and Nick. One day, they decided to look through old photos and noticed that they have already met in an amusement park when they were younger. Both completely forgot about it.
5. How adorable is this? This girl wasn’t too pleased when this guy invited her to dance with him during their school’s party. She probably had no idea that years later, the two would be dancing together at their own wedding. So adorable. Sometimes you find love where you least expect it.
6. You don’t typically think that you would meet the love of your life at a music festival. I mean, judging by all the things that go down there, maybe a quick hookup is the most you’d expect. Well, this couple’s love started at Woodstock and fast forward 48 years later? They’re still together!
7. “I fell in love with him when I saw him on a merry-go-round. But I told him about my feelings only in high school. It turned out he fell in love too” (mhoa). Aww, this photo says it all when they met back in the day. This little girl honestly looks like she’s head over heels for this boy. So happy the two ended up together. Adorable.
8. Okay, these two were destined to be together before they were even able to walk, talk or stand. “We knew each other all our lives. And I’m sure we were destined to be together” (mhoa). I’m sure some of us wish we just met the person we were met to be with that young. Helps steer away from all the terrible breakups!
9. You don’t need to live in the same country to have destiny work its magic. “I’m from Canada, and he’s from France. But we met in Thailand when taking up diving. It’s been 3 years, and we’re still together” (thewaywemet). Now that’s a long distance love story!
10. This is Alex and Adam. They’ve known each other for quite some time. When they were young, Alex fell in love with Adam at first sight. The two lost contact and had they not have met again at a relative’s wedding, Alex would have never revealed her true feelings for him.
11. Michael and Natali were childhood friends in Saudi Arabia. However, as they grew up, they lost touch. Twenty years later, the two found each other on Facebook and got married. If this isn’t destiny then I don’t know what is. This is a true love story.
12. These two were kids at the wedding of their parents’ friends. Fast forward, they are now getting married to each other. It’s always adorable to look back at photos and see just how much the two already liked each other, even when they were too young to even know what love is!