Are you ready to know if you are officially an adult? I’m not talking about young adults in their early twenties, who still feel and act like teenagers. I’m talking about real adult life when university years are over, and real responsibilities appear.
Read the following 30 signs, and if you see yourself in more than half of them, then you should admit it: you’re not a teenager anymore!
1) When you go to concerts, you need to sit down.
2) When you start telling a story about the time you were a university student, you realize that happened ten years ago.
3) You are annoyed by 20-year-olds, because ‘you weren’t like that.’
4) When you watch movies with a teenager as the main character, you tend to empathize more with his/her parents.
5) You won’t go to a bar that has ‘very loud music’ anymore.
6) You have a professional card.
7) You have web banking.
8) When you travel, staying in a hostel isn’t a choice anymore.
9) You can eat the amount of junk food you used to eat before without feeling awful later.
10) You don’t know any of the new pop stars.
11) You need more than one day to fully recover from a hangover.
12) You are older than the age your parents were when you were born.
13) You start to agree with your mother’s pieces of advice.
14) You don’t like how today’s teenagers talk and act.
15) You buy shoes based on how comfortable they are.
16) You discover that there are newer social networks than Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (but you don’t bother creating an account).
17) Instead of bar crawling on Saturday nights, you now end up drinking one or two drinks in only one bar.
18) You now appreciate how cornflakes taste like and you buy them without being forced to.
19) You sleep more often while watching a movie.
20) More than three of your old classmates are now parents.
21) You wake up early even on the weekends.
22) You like learning new recipes, and you prefer eating healthy food.
23) You listen to ’80s and ’90s songs and get excited, because you remember your childhood’s parties.
24) You’ve watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ first season when it first came out.
25) You can’t believe that the kids who were born after 2000 are almost adults now.
26) You are now happy when someone thinks you look younger than you are.
27) You know what cholesterole is.
28) You don’t live with your parents anymore.
29) In the flat you live in, you’re not the one making the noise, but the one who complains about the noise.
30) You clicked to read this article – you must know something!